Friday, March 19, 2010

The Zoo

Yesterday was a great day! The weather could not have been more perfect for an outdoor adventure like the zoo. I haven't taken Collin to the zoo in a few months. This was the first trip where he actually realized there were animals, and he loved it. His little face was in awe staring at the elephants. He adores the monkeys and says "oohhh oohhh oohhh" when he sees them.

I have very fond memories of going to the zoo when I was a kid. However, there is one memory I wish I could forget. When I was about 4 years old I got to attend zoo camp. You go everyday for about a week to learn all about the animals and how they live in their environment. Our class got to venture inside of a tiger cage. I'll never forget the day... I was wearing my favorite sundress with white leather sandals. You know, the kind you get to wear on special occasions, like zoo camp:

When all of a sudden I stepped in tiger poop!
How could something like this happen? My favorite sandals!?! GROSS! It squeezed in between my toes. I almost puked. Needless to say, Collin will be wearing closed toed shoes for our zoo adventures. That's enough reminiscing, now back to the story at hand...
Collin is now just the right size to be able to look over the little wall and see the turtles. We have 2 turtles at home (although they are much smaller). Back in the good ol' days we got to ride on the turtles backs. I'm sure some lawsuit ruined that fun little piece of zoo fun :(



My cousin Lisa babysits a little boy named Clay and they joined us for the afternoon. The boys got along great. Collin loves hanging out with bigger kids.

Of course I did not buy this silly monkey visor, but it was funny enough for a picture.

Making memories

My little man is getting so big!

The last time we went to the zoo Collin was 6 months old.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Erin,

I just found your blog and am so excited! Collin's curls are absolutely perfect and he looks delicious!!

Love,

Anne

Catherine said...

Haha, I was JUST about to write the same comment as Anne. I just found your blog after reading your comment on Anne's. Now if only we could get EVERY O'Neill blogging...